Feels good - looks cute
• Cover made of 100% cotton
• Filled with hollow fibres
• Size 30x30 cm
• Washable at 40 degrees
bellybutton mother nature & me - the vision
Responsible for a world where children and families live
bellybutton mother nature & me is aimed at the new generation of parents, who are modern, urban and open to the world, conscious of ecology and the environment.
The bellybutton monkey is the centerpiece of the bellybutton mother nature & me collection and embodies the desire to take responsibility for a world where children and families live.
Bellybutton mother nature & me products are not only as sustainable and resource-efficient as possible, their sale also supports the Project Literacy Boost of the child rights organization Save the Children - for more social responsibility
For bellybutton, sustainability means combining economic success with environmental awareness and social responsibility. For bellybutton, sustainable action also means an environmentally friendly selection of materials.
The Organic Cotton products are made from fibers derived from controlled biological agriculture.
For the cultivation and extraction of natural fibers u. a. the following conditions:
• Cultivation in crop rotation
• Biological pest control
• No synthetic fertilizers
• Renunciation of genetically modified seeds
• Abandonment of defoliant at harvest
The focus is on sustainable production:
• Knitting yarns and outdoor materials are made from recycled fibers if possible
• Care, size and brand labels are also made of recycled fabric
• Printers and metal objects are made of environmentally sound material, all from well-known manufacturer YKK
• Zips in our pants are made from recycled PES, from Nautulon YKK
• Cords and ribbons are made of organic cotton
• Buttons are made of olive wood
• Bellybutton does not use real fur, no angora, no down
• Squeakers are made of recycled EVA quality
• All prints are water based
• no use of phthalates (softener)
Reading and writing as a basis for a life of poverty jensetis: Project Literacy Boost
Reading and writing are among the basic foundations for shaping one's life. In this country, it goes without saying that elementary school conveys this basic knowledge. But especially in developing countries, the situation often looks different. Worldwide, it is estimated that 250 million children are unable to read - even though some 130 million of them have gone to school for four years.
This situation primarily affects children from poorer families. Mostly they go to schools that
are poorly equipped and teach teachers who have not received sufficient training. Lack of learning progress and loss of motivation in the children are the result. Their chances for a self-determined life are built up early on: the vicious circle of poverty, lack of education and poorly paid work - often in the informal sector under dangerous conditions - is inevitable. The world community wants to counteract this with the Sustainable Development Goals. It has set the goal that all girls and boys should receive a high quality education. But how can this goal be realized? Save the Children contributes to the implementation.
With every purchase of a bellybutton mother nature & me product, you and us support the project Literacy Boost of the Save the Children rights organization.
More at www.savethechildren.de